Selling your business
Your business represents an investment of time, money and hard work. Its sale should, therefore, be a reward for all that you put in. Here are a few tips for a successful sale:
- Before you sell, discuss your motives, the timing and possible outcome with your family and your employees. Pay attention to confidentiality.
- Try to make repairs and improvements where possible.
- A business advisor can help you to appraise your business and decide on your asking price.
- Get all your financial data and other records in order because prospective buyers will want to see them.
- Your lawyer can help you with the contract and the details of closing the deal once you have accepted an offer.